Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trains trains and more trains.......


The goal of all this woodblock carving and proof printing is to get more time in behind the carving tools and to get better at thinking in Black and White. This then helps develop a sense of how far I can push my skill, tools and the material.

The more that I do, whether the print comes out right allows me to get more time behind the wheel, so to speak. Using only Black and White areas and lines make you think far differently than you would when working on a painting where there are so many more options to express your self.


Doing double time by working on two plates at the same time. Here is a new state of the "The Flying Scotsman" 15 x 10 inches.


Also started working on a new BIG Train print "The Comet", 11 x 24 inches.


Just an update on the Comet. I had to stop working on this one and give it up. I just could not resolve it to where I liked it. So.... I flipped it over and used the back side to do the "The John Wilkes" train instead. RIP "Comet".

No comments:

Post a Comment