Monday, January 10, 2011

“Hearts and Daggers: A Rochester Love Story.” Part III

Working on one of my paints now for a show at "The Shoe Factory Art Co-op" with the theme of “Hearts and Daggers: A Rochester Love Story.” So being in the city with all this snow and no sun..... I'm using a idea from Edward Hopper, but I will use snow instead of his train tracks. 

We have a Victorian house here in Rochester on the corner of Scio and Charlotte streets that is just around the corner from my studio. Every time I see this house I think of Edward Hopper and one of his paintings titled "House by the Railroad" that he did in 1925 and was the first purchase by the new Museum of Modern Art.

So I have use my photos and such to put a layout down on my gessoed panel. So here is the start of the painting with just the sketch laid out.

This way you can follow my progress from the start. Lets see how fast I can nail this one.

House by the Snowdrift - 18 x 24 inches

 

No comments:

Post a Comment