Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hauling Art

Well enough about my other jobs.


I have been working on 3 ideas for paintings and have started a series of Masked portraits of people I know. Bet they will not see themselves.

So here is the first in the works with 2 progrees pictures for today so far.



After a few more hours.


Now to start in on my Gin and Tonic and continue to define and edit the painting.

I have been following some of the posts from a LinkedIn professional group of artists and the one that has the biggest action and bile has been the question “Why Do Artists Fail?”


Lots of typical talk about being non-commercial, I create for me and I’m not going to whore myself out. Very few state the need to be able to make enough money to continue to make art. So I got to see a lot of the same stuff that I heard in College while sitting around drinking cheap wine and even cheaper beer. Seems that nothing has changed in the minor leagues of the Art World in 30 years or so.

Art is really a business and should be approached as such, you never hear this much emotional discussion on “Why do Farmers Fail? If you want to be able to create art as a carrier you got to sell your end product.

So when are you going to start buying some of mine so that I will not be a total loser?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment